Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The new Blogger

When I first started working with Blogger, I was quite sure that Google had the purchased/developed the ultimate website creation tool. I mean, built in hosting, customization, and nothing that specifically says you have to keep references to Google or Blogger on the site...amazing.

Flash forward to thirty minutes ago when I created this site. Anger, frustration, confusion are three words that hit me right off the bat.

I like the new UI, but I struggle to see why basic customizations no longer work. For example, custom CSS...like the demo says doesn't work.
.Header { 
   text-align: center; 
}
Then I started realizing a lot of stuff doesn't work. Like the SyntaxHighlighter you see above...that didn't work either. Let me get to the point here, it's the new "Dynamic Template." As it turns out, the new template doesn't want to work with any of the older customizations that made Blogger great. As of right now I'm reverting to something basic, but hopefully Google will work to get the new template style up to speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment